We have had to start locking the pantry door so that Aubrynn and Ian wouldn't climb up and eat all of the treats in there without my knowledge. However, that left the refrigerator virtually unguarded, thus allowing them to eat pudding for breakfast. So James went out and got a lock for the refrigerator.
So we thought we were safe from anymore invasions on the food during the predawn hours! WRONG! I forgot to take the Easter Baskets off of the top of the fridge and lock them in the pantry. I wake up this morning to Aubrynn waking Ian up to give him his breakfast--a bag of jellybeans. Has anyone tried to wrestle a bag of jellybeans from a child--it is possible, but quite hard. Sometimes, the battle isn't worth the fits. So, I went downstairs to see what kind of pillaging has taken place only to find several torn wrappers all over the floor. (What a healthy breakfast!!!) Then I know to check Aubrynn's hiding spot and find several uneaten pieces of candy--obviously to be devoured later that day. (Bwahahaha--foiled her plans once again!)
Note to Others: Locks are only as good as your memory!
But that was just the beginning...
(Insert a lot of screaming-and-chasing-and-fighting-and-sitting-on-to-brush-hair-and-getting-dressed-at-gunpoint (ok, not really) here).
"Mom, can I go outside to play before I go to school? I promise I won't climb the fence."
"Sure, but make sure to NOT play in the dirt."
"OK, I won't, I promise."
(It really is easy to read her and to anticipate what she will do) So I look outside and she is...of course, playing in the dirt. I just want her to be a little clean before she goes to school.
Later that day she gets a sliver in her finger and it is the end of the world. She doesn't trust me at all and thinks that her finger is going to fall off. After about 25mins of trying to convince her that no blood will be spilt in the removal of this microscopic sliver from her finger and after walking away, she finally allows me to remove it. Drama over. Close curtain.
One would think that someone this innocent and cute could not possibly cause any problems.
Wrong again! He (don't ask me how) had this turtle magnet and got it wedged in between the sliding glass doors, in a quite precarious position, so as to not allow the door to fully close.
Oh, the problems that these two cute little things are able to cause together. I couldn't get it out of the door!! And, it was going to storm later! Luckily, James came home early and was able to help. We ended up having to take the door apart to get it out so the door would close. What a lot of trouble!!! Daddy to the rescue, once again! What would I do without him?
The best part of the day was noticing that after a couple of years of stagnancy (is that a word?), my dogwood had bloomed! Yay!!! So pretty!























No comments:
Post a Comment