Wow, this has been a really bad week. Yesterday alone came with a black eye, a twisted ankle, ascraped foot and two (bloody) busted lips. However, the REALLY bad part was on Tuesday when i was trying to leave on an errand and remembered something i left in the house. I got out of the car and went into the house. I was really frazzled so it took a minute to remember everything. Then i hear a crash and notice that my car is not in my garage anymore. Horror stricken, i take off after my car that had rolled down the driveway and into my neighbor's garage door WITH MY KIDS IN THE CAR!!!!! I dive into the car and pull the emergency brake as it comes to a stop back in the street. I am wimpering by this time. And just relieved that my children are alright. I look at Ian and he yawns. Aubrynn didn't know what to think. She was probably wondering why i was so panicked. Later in the day she says to me: "I fine, Ian's Fine, it's OK." I must have still had that look of horror on my face. The neighbor's garage door and the side of his house didn't come out as unscathed as we did. It was his birthday and he was already having a bad day. Oh my gosh, i am a little afraid to push our luck at the pool tonight for our youth activity. I have already lost enough years off of my life this week. Yes, it could have been so much worse. There was even a car parked in their driveway and it didn't hit it going in or coming out of the driveway. They took a picture for their blog. When i get a copy, i will post it. Very traumatic 48 hours. I am still sick to my stomach about the whole thing.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























8 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is horrible. I'm so sorry. I'm glad that the kids were OK.
wow! i am so sorry, but i am glad the kidlets are okay. take it easy. you need a massage!
I'm so sorry you are having such a rough couple of days! How did you end up with the black eye and all that other stuff? I'm glad that you and the kids are okay. I'm sure your sense of peace will come back eventually!
So sad! I hope your day turns around for you today!
you poor thing! i'm so sorry. however, i have to say, this post is exactly what i needed. mike left for boise 5 days ago and today we have finally hit rock bottom. i have officially broken down and turned into momzilla. so although it sucks in every way possible, i can't say we have had any of the trauma you have. so I hope things get better for you and that you'll be able to laugh about it soon.
ps- i'd say this calls for a WHOLE day at the spa!
Calgon, TAKE ME AWAY!!! :o)
I know it is several days later but I just wanted to see if you were recovering. Sorry that happened but glad that no one was hurt.
Oh my goodness! That is my worst fear about leaving a car running... and now I know that it really happens. You poor lady. I can only imagine how scared you must have felt.
Post a Comment