A stray kid has started coming around our house. Aubrynn said she found him hiding behind the trash can. If you give them a juice box-it's true, they will keep coming back. He rang the doorbell last night after 9pm. I may be a mean mom, but that is way too late for a 6 year old to be roaming the streets unsupervised.
We were leaving the in-laws last night and there was a shirtless little boy outside in the driveway across the street (granted, it could have been his driveway) with no adults around to be seen! Mom H. said she thought he was a little older than Ian (who just turned 3!!!).
I must be one of those crazy over-protective moms, because I think that is absolutely insane!!! There is NO WAY I could EVER let my kids roam to the end of the street and go into strangers' homes! I can't even feel good about letting them out into the front yard without me being out there. I just can't do it!! I don't know everyone on my street and I don't know who comes into their homes!
So, I am just going to have to be deamed that "crazy lady" of the neighborhood. I just don't trust very many people, especially with the safety of my kids! So I am hoping that they won't ask to go to his house--just one more fight--because any mom that can't keep an eye ontheir own kids--won't keep an eye on mine.
Friday, July 23, 2010
A Stray
Posted by
Meridyth
at
9:53:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment