I don't usually make resolutions, because they are more easily broken. But, this year i have decided to make it the year of my self improvement. There are many things that i want to work on, but i have narrowed it down to a reasonable list. In one of my YW lessons, i taught about self-mastery. In the lesson it talked about how when we try to do everything at one time, then we often fail and don't make our goals. They gave the example of having one of the girls see if they can catch all 6 balls being thrown at them at once. Most of the time, one cannot--they end up falling all over the place. But if you throw one at a time, then the balls are easier to catch. So that is what i am deciding to do this year with my resolutions. I will work on them one at a time until i have achieved what i want. I have to be successful this year. I still haven't come up with a complete game plan--but i am working on it. Hopefully by the end of he year i will have gotten rid of a few bad habits (and picked up a few good ones) and will have become a better person. After all, THAT is really what resolutions are all about, right? --being a better "me."
Things I want to work on for the New Year:
1. De-clutter my life—I am not as sentimental as I used to be. I CAN get rid of that!—Clean out the garage, closets, under sinks—anywhere I can find clutter.
2. Lose Weight-of course, but more than that—Eat better; cook better; exercise more, etc…instill better eating habits into my children.
3. Pray on my knees. Make sure my children see me, so that they can see that I think it is something important to do. The same with reading scriptures. I would also like to read the lessons ahead of time for RS and Sunday School, even though I am in the mommy’s room the 2nd hour (Sunday School) and teaching YW the third (RS).
4. Start a schedule—schedule my days, activities, meals, bedtime, etc.. (another facet of my desire for organization). Get my KIDS on a schedule, is more like it.
5. Make myself have Mommy Time Outs (goes a little with #4).
6. Make more lists—they make me feel good. I like being able to check things off!
7. Get my eyes checked –take better care of myself. Get that spot on my arm checked—it keeps growing and spreading (frown). Knowing my luck, the anti-tanner and anti-sun advocate, i have skin cancer.
8. Read more to my children. I did so well when it was just Aubrynn. I need to do that for Ian as well.
9. Make time for my husband. At the end of the day, there isn’t much left of me to give. Think of ways that I can improve our relationship. Like monthly Temple visits, etc…, and implement those things!
Well, I think that is enough for now. I have my work cut out for me!
Friday, January 4, 2008
A Brand New Day!
Posted by
Meridyth
at
1:49:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























1 comment:
what a great list. i am just now starting to think about resolutions, and your list has definitely inspired me. you are a great woman!
Post a Comment