The sun was shining! And it was warm! Which is always a good start to the recipe for a nice weekend. James and I were able to go the temple Friday night--which is always a treat for me! It always puts me in a good mood. (Even though, the whole time I was praying to not have a coughing fit--with my pockets loaded with Kleenex and cough drops).
On Saturday, we visited with the Harrison family members that had come to town. It is always fun to have the niece and nephew come to town. My kids just adore them! Even if there is close to 10 years difference!
I really had one of those tender moments while sitting outside and watching the kids play with their bubbles! (You know the one, where you choke down the lump in your throat and look around and see how well you have it and how blessed you are--and how special your children are). Well, it was one of those moments. To watch the utter joy that emits from them as they squeal and chase after the bubbles...(the amazing thing is that they can spend so much time on something so simple and get so much joy out of it)! And as I sat there watching them play, I thought of what each one brings to my life and how amazing they both are. I know I get frustrated...A LOT! And sometimes those nice moments are (very) short-lived...but I know I have been blessed beyond measure!
Aubrynn is beautiful and smart and you could always tell from just a few months old that she really studies things and thinks about them. When she was too short to reach the light switch to turn it on, she figured out a way to do it. She loves to sing and dance. (but I am not allowed to watch her). She loves puzzles and games and books and is a quick learner. Sometimes, when she figures something out, she gets bored with it and is ready to move on--i am afraid she gets that part from me). And she loves to go fast! She is a runner and an adrenaline junkie! She will jump off of anything and speed down the sidewalks as fast as she can with her feet up with the biggest smile on her face! I can't wait to see what kind of adult she becomes! (I just wish she would let me fix her hair--I have to chase her around and sit on her just to get a brush through it!)
Ian is my cuddler! He is ALWAYS smiling (well, you know--most of the time). He has a beautiful smile and killer eyes and is going to get whatever he wants from people around him when he gets older (and a lot now) because he is so cute! He talks with his hands and is very animated! He loves his sister and wants to do whatever she is doing. He is the more careful one. Although, he does jump on/off the furniture to keep up with his sister. He loves to be held and always has! He is smart and has a great memory! He can remember where he put something even if it is tucked behind something else. (he doesn't get that from me, by the way). He has a temper and throws things when he is mad (ahem...I have no idea where he got that trait). What you see is what you get with him. He is the same in a classroom setting as he is at home. He loves to help and feel important. I saw him today help his teacher in preschool with her baby--so tenderly--he is going to be a great help with his little brother! He, too, loves to sing and dance--but he wants you to watch him. :)
So, I have spent a lot of time on the computer updating this blog while the kids are at school today. At least I can say that the washing machine is working hard. It is almost time to pick up the kids--I am hoping that I can remember this post and my experience this weekend as they are screaming and hitting each other and wreaking havoc (as usual--eye starting to twitch) when I bring them home in a little while.
Monday, March 22, 2010
A Nice Weekend
Posted by
Meridyth
at
11:33:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment