I was reading on The Meanest Mom blog last week and she was confessing some of the short cuts she takes (and other things she does) as a mom and encouraged her readers to post some of their secrets in the comment section.
So here are a couple of mine: (I found, thru reading that same comment section, that there are A LOT of moms out there that are like me--which might actually be a sad commentary on some level).
1. I hide the chocolates and sugary things that I only want to reserve for myself, and eat them when they are out of the room (or sneak them them when their backs are turned) or after they go to bed, so I don't have to share.
2. My husband and I set out poptarts (the night before) so our early risers can help themselves to "Breakfast," so we don't have to do it the morning--(which means we can stay in bed longer). Orange juice is also loaded into the sippy cups and placed in the refridgerator (on a reachable shelf where no climbing is necessary) so they can help themselves. And they do!
3. I have been seriously contemplating putting an advertisement in the paper that reads something like: "Out of Birth Control? Then here is the option you can't refuse! Come! Take my kids for a day! No purchase necessary! Problem solved! 100% guaranteed effectiveness!"
Believe it or not, I actually love being a mom and I adore my children. They crack me up with the comments they make and the things they do. (OK, there are a lot of things they do that I am not so thrilled about--but I am trying to be positive here). But I love how Ian has started to really be protective of his older sister--even with us. If she is getting in trouble, He comes up to us (in an angry huff--with his angry face and hands on his hips) and points his finger at us and says, "You leave my sister alone!" (I can't help but laugh--I really wish i could catch that on video).
Monday, March 1, 2010
Confessions
Posted by
Meridyth
at
12:20:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment