Ahhhhh...March: so far I am not impressed with what you are bringing me.
Here is what today has brought my way:
I had to start the day with tossing my cookies (not in a good way, if there ever was such a thing), a stack of bills; screaming kids; a little quiet time (like the beautiful calm before a storm) followed by a strange smell wafting upstairs...let me stop right there for a moment....Now, I don't trust my sense of smell these days--I have been blowing my nose like crazy and everything has been a little "off" with the pregnancy--But, I trusted my daughter when she said she wasn't getting into anything (mistake #1--or maybe that was #5 for the day--can't keep up). I was upstairs getting things ready for Family Home Evening (a noble task, mind you--not just surfing on the internet). Well, she comes upstairs and the smell is stronger and I can now identify it quite clearly--Bug Spray!!! AHHHHH--panic and interrogation time! I do everything except shine a light in her eye and threaten to throw her in the pokie! Finally satisfied that No bug spray has been ingested and a trip to the ER really isn't necessary, I wash her (and Ian) down and say over and over how dangerous that is. (Shew!! one more crisis diverted!)
Then comes an array of broken crayons strewn all over the floor and dinner--could only manage to order pizza tonight! Then FHE time--Ian was bouncing and rolling around like a crazed roley-poley bug (but a little more destructive--as if I need to actually add that part).
Now I get to battle the kids in the tub then put them in bed. More screaming with splashing and running and teeth brushing (the "easy" or the "hard" way--still to be determined).
(heavy sigh) My eye has been twitching for two weeks now--I wonder why it won't stop! I hope James will be home soon.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Today in a Nutshell
Posted by
Meridyth
at
7:37:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























3 comments:
And yet you can still blog! Sorry your day was so crazy. It's always amazing to me how much work two little ones can be and that people ever have more than that! And it also gives me a little more sympathy for those who are single parents. I hope James gets home soon too!
Being on the computer was my way of procrastinating the bath battle!
You are an excellent writer, Meridyth. I'm glad this turned out well and you avoided the ER, too. I had to take #2 in as an infant when the 2-yr-old sprayed bleach cleaner toward his face. Maybe an unnecessary precaution but he received a flushing of the eyes = nurses pouring 5 minutes worth of solution over an upside down baby's face. Not fun. 14 now and no eyesight loss. Success.
Post a Comment