Monday, February 15, 2010

Manic Monday

I am starting to think that those people that talk about the kind of person that should never reproduce were referring (specifically) to me. What do the young kids say these days? "Epic Fail," yeah, that would describe my motherhood skills. Maybe I need a whistle and a march song.

My kids are in their rooms for awhile this morning after pouring a (complete) half gallon of orange juice on the couch and floor. (Do you think that an hour is too long? They seem to be playing well and talking to each other through the wall--they finally realized that they couldn't help each other get out because both doors are locked).

I think I prefer them to dump Orange Juice on the kitchen floor. At least I can mop that up. But without a carpet cleaner or something comparable, I am at a loss as to how to get the area clean. Maybe it will mask the urine smell from the cushions where my daughter had an accident yesterday.

So as soon as this snow clears in the least little bit, I am off to buy a little green machine. The last one we had, we wore out from so much use--and that was only on the cat.

I need a jar of activities from which the kids/I can choose. I lack originality and imagination the majority of the time to implement such activities, because I find that their attention spans (and sometimes mine) are so short. ("Well, Good Heavens!" the voice in my head says. "They are only 2 1/2 and 4.") Today would be a great day to start on that!

I am now calm(er) and the tears (mine) have stopped, so now...it is time to release the beasts...

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, so early in the morning! You poor thing! Bless your heart and all that good stuff. And bring on #3...right?! Sorry it's been such a yucky morning :(

Todd and Meagan said...

:( I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Remember what I was telling Cyndi on Sunday? It is all about surival mode some days. You made it through the day (tears or no tears) so pat yourself on the back and treat yourself to some well deserved ice cream!